Wednesday, July 8, 2009

How it feels to gorge

Well Monday began my most crazy and probably unusual attempt at weight loss. By now everyone is familiar with the hcg diet so I don't need to go into detail. I just wanted to comment on what it feels like to be able to eat all you want of whatever you want for 2 days. It feels terrible. It feels so unnatural and by the end of the first day I was so nauseated. I began my day pretty well with a fruit smoothie but it quickly went down hill from there. Between breakfast and lunch and over the course of the next 48 hours I would finish off an entire pound of chocolate covered cinnamon bears! In addition, for lunch I ate chicken fried steak and mashed potatos and gravy. By dinner the very thought of food made me ill but I knew that the instructions to this diet clearly stated that the sucess or failure of the diet depended on the success of the loading phase. So for dinner I went out with Wayne to Olive Garden. It was all I could do to eat a bowl of soup, 2 breadsticks and a strawberry lemonade. I brought my dinner home to eat the next day. On Tuesday my breakfast was a scrambled egg. Lunch was 8 chicken nuggets and a diet coke and dinner was my left overs from the night before. We had buttered popcorn for a snack before bed. I was actually looking forward to starting the real diet part of this diet. I got on the scale on Wednesday morning and I had successfully gained 2 pounds from Monday! Boy I hope this works or I shall really look foolish. Today is Wednesday and my first official very low calorie diet day. For breakfast I turned a handful of strawberries into a smoothie with ice and splenda. I had 2 melba toast snack crackers and 3 oz of lean steak for lunch and 1/2 apple for a snack. For dinner I had another 3 oz of steak. I even made it through all 2 liters of my water. No cheating today!! No gum, no pop, no candy no fun. And I didn't even snap at anyone - or at least I don't think I did. They say you aren't hungry on this diet and for the most part this is true. I am not starving but I definately notice the lack of food. I'm pretty tired and it's only 9:00. Well I'll keep you all posted. Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment